Wednesday 2 October 2013

Five Questions With... Jacob Godwin from 4 Corners Radio

After last week's interview with former ROH wrestler Jon Davis, this week we speak to another on of our friends from 4 Corners Radio, Jacob Godwin.


Name: Jacob
Age: 28
Hometown:  Pensacola, Florida, USA.
Known For: wrestling jokes usually at Cena, Sheamus, Bo Dallas, and TNA's expense.


1. When did you first get into wrestling and what was the drew you to the sport?


I have always been into wrestling. Some of my earliest memories deal with wrestling. I remember being four years old and upsetting my grandmother, because I would swivel my hips like Rick Rude. She's very religious, and didn't like it one bit.



2. We've chatted to some of your co-hosts from 4CR before, so what do you feel you each bring to the team?


I think we've got a solid crew at 4CR. We each bring something to the table. Martin is a walking encyclopedia of wrestling knowledge. The amount of knowledge that is in his head is crazy. Jimmo has been doing a lot of stuff on British wrestling and really getting me into the product lately. Ant is our mission, "Have fun with wrestling" personified. His tweets, and his rants on the Raw Roundtable leaves me rolling. The same goes for Billy, in the age of snark, it's good to hear a voice that doesn't look for something to complain with every segment (except TNA, but it's TNA).  Billy also was an NWA guy, and though I'm a few years to young to be around for its heyday, I find myself watching stuff online from that era a lot. Sam and Murray are the kings of the Indies. I've been introduced to so much fun stuff, and its mostly through them. Murray also has a really fun blog on Chikara. It's really informative if you want to learn more about that promotion. Nick's Royal Ramble does a great job of summing the week up. I know I mentioned about having fun with wrestling, but every so often, you really have to get out there and vent, when they just miss something, and no one does that better than Justin.
That being said I haven't really found my spot in the group. I like looking back on title lineages, and the product as a whole, rather than focusing on little things. I'm also very active on twitter during Raw live, and other shows when I watch them. I enjoy a wide range of wrestling product, and even more so since I joined this group. I haven't just found friends to discuss wrestling with, I feel like I've found a wrestling family.

3. What's your opinion of the current wrestling product on television from various promotions and how do you think this compares to different eras from the past? 


I'll focus on just the big two here as they're the ones I've watched the longest. My indy knowledge is minimal, most of it coming from comp DVD's and Youtube.

I was just as loud as anyone on the internet after Wrestlemania this year complaining about the event, but now I feel that WWE is on the beginning of their next great era. I've never been one to want them to bring past eras back, because we have to evolve. That being said, I believe its time to let the part timers go. I for one don't care to see Brock Lesnar, The Rock,  and HHH wrestle each other or anyone else again. They have the talent to put on a great event without bringing in big names from the past. It's time to focus on the present and the future.

The same can be said about TNA. There was a time that I enjoyed this product more than the WWE, but that is no longer the case. 90 percent of their roster are 10+ year veterans, and their main event guys have been wrestling over 20. This is not going to keep you in business. I've been a Sting fan all my life, but the only way I've been able to stay that way is by largely ignoring these last few years. I more than anyone welcome his retirement. I'm not saying they need to switch focus on Gunner vs Crimson, because that would be a disaster, but I don't even feel like they have a solid game plan going forward. I for one to do not look forward to the Jeff Hardy/Bully Ray 1,000.



4. What are your Top Three matches of all time and why?

You had to ask. This is going to be so hard. I'm just going to say that on any given day these can be completely different, and they are in no particular order.

1. Savage/Steamboat Wrestlemania III (okay that's always number one)

2. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles (TNA: Unbreakable 2005)

3.Tiger Mask vs. Dynamite Kid 4/21/1983



5. Where can our readers find your work and what have you got coming up?


You can find me on twitter at @droppingbows ,and on 4crwrestling.com. I'm hoping to get back into writing regularly. I have good ideas. I know this because normally by the time I form them into something, the article is out there written by someone else, not complaining just got to get faster on them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Across The Pond Wrestling would like to thank Jacob for this great interview.

Next Time:

No comments:

Post a Comment